Skip to Main Content

Authorized Representative

Appointing a Representative

You can ask a relative, friend, advocate, doctor or anyone else to represent you. You and your representative must sign a legal letter that allows them to act for you.  Your representative can file a complaint (grievance), make appointments or make an appeal for you.

If your representative needs to request a prior authorization, download the CMS-1696 Appointment of Representative Form (PDF), complete it and mail it to:

Absolute Total Care (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)
Attn: Medicare Appeals and Grievances
7700 Forsyth Blvd
St Louis, MO 63105


If you have any questions, call Member Services at 1-855-735-4398. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, on weekends and on federal holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned within the next business day. TTY users call 711.